Women’s Entrepreneurship Day Organization (WEDO) and international campaign #ChooseWOMEN is a non-governmental volunteer organization that empowers, celebrates, and supports women in business worldwide. Launched in 2013, WED works globally to empower women and girls to become active participants in the economy by igniting a network of women leaders, innovators, and entrepreneurs to initiate startups, drive economic expansion, and advance communities around the world. In order to achieve this ambitious goal, WED builds and catalyzes the vital networks of like-minded individuals and organizations that women business leaders need in order to realize their full potential and change the world.
Volunteer Role – WEDO Canada Administration Assistant
Are you looking for an internship to help you gain an understanding of how a foundation operates and build your skills in office administration? This would be a perfect role to allow you to do just that; an important role in WEDO Canada that will have significant outcomes for the foundation and women in Canada.
Supporting WEDO Canada as the Administration Assistant is a vital and exciting role. You will have the opportunity to see exactly how a non-for-profit is run and the business behind the scenes. You will support the ongoing activity and projects of the WEDO Board and Ambassadors, work with some amazing women, all the while building your personal network and skills.
This role will report directly to the Board Secretary.
Your Responsibilities will include:
- Support Board members with various administrative projects (task tracking, research, reporting)
- Supporting committees including the marketing and finance committee
- Create, collect resources and organize various documents and electronic information for internal projects; Liaise with various parties regarding the projects; Assists in arranging and participates in meetings and activities regarding the projects.
- Support content for social media resources and monitor/report metrics
- Helping with the communication and reporting of provincial events as needed
The main outcomes of this role:
- You will gain an experience in non-profit organization operations
- Your core organizational and administrative skill will grow
- You will provide broad based support to all the WEDO Canada projects
- You will provide support for to all Ambassadors across the provinces
- You will manage the WEDO Canada administration
The Skills, Abilities & Experience you are offering:
- Strong communication and good organizational skills
- Background in business, customer service or sales
- Good grasp of administration, information management and meeting protocols
Time Commitment and Term:
A 12-month commitment on a part time basis is required (a mix of working remotely and attending events/board meetings)
How you can benefit from volunteering with WEDO Canada:
- You can make a difference in the lives of women by inspiring and celebrating successes of women entrepreneurs
- A chance to enhance your skills by working with a diverse group of volunteers, the Canada Board and the Canadian Ambassadors
- Opportunity to increase your network through the events and activities of the foundation
- We will provide mentoring and skills development opportunities.
Please send your application (cover letter and resume) via email to: [email protected] indicating ‘Administrative Assistant’ in the subject headline.
To learn more about our foundation and what we do, please visit: www.WEDOCanada.com
We thank you for your interest, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.